If you have kids, work with kids, or work with their parents, I’d like to point you to a great resource for talking to them about technology and faith.
Dr. David Murray (blog), Professor of Old Testament and Practical Theology at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary put together a 40 minute DVD called God’s Technology: Training our Children to use Technology for God’s Glory. It starts out with a nice balanced, biblical view of technology. In the middle, there is a Did You Know? style set of statistics on social media, and in the later part of the video Dr. Murray offers a set of practical steps to parents on how they can guide their children in how to use technology.
Here’s the trailer
And here are some reasons to like the video
- Dr. Murray is very positive about technology – this is not a doom and gloom video
- The video is done very well
- It’s only 40 minutes so you can use it at almost any event
- The steps he gives are very practical and useful
- He encourages parents to build trust in their kids overtime
- Dr. Murray is Scottish and therefore awesome